Most women have affairs for very different reasons than men.By Tammy Worth

When Thea and her husband moved to Los Angeles a few years ago, she
had no friends close by and was alone frequently while her husband
worked long hours. Though Thea says her husband was the "best friend
someone could have," the spark and sex were gone.
Seeking company and a little romance, Thea became a member of
AshleyMadison.com, a website that connects married people wanting to
have an affair.
Thea began an ongoing affair after a few dates with a man. "He was
giving me all of the stuff my husband wasn't -- attention and
affection," she says.
There are many reasons for infidelitysuch as revenge, boredom, the
thrill of sexual novelty, sexual addiction. But experts say that a
large majority of the time, motivations differ by gender, with men
searching for more sex or attention and women looking to fill an
emotional void.
"Women tell me, 'I was lonely, not connected, I didn't feel close to
my partner, and I was taken for granted,'" marriage and family
therapist Winifred Reilly says. "They say they wanted to have someone
who would look into their eyes and make them feel sexy again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment