Getting rid of prolonged procrastination

You have probably heard and read about a zillion of procrastination messages. How come they do not work? Let us change tactics.
Personally, I tend to procrastinate when the task at hand appears too daunting for me. I mean, it is so complicated, so why bother? I developed a better solution. I take these magnificent tasks and break them into smaller tasks that appear doable without giving me a heart attack. Now, it is easy to do it and I feel good as I tick one completed tasks after another.


Make yourself happy. Yup, you heard right! Research has proven that when you feel good, you become more energetic and you do not screw up so much. You can do something fun and positive that will improve your mood and put you in the right frame of mind to accomplish tasks.

Use a reward-punishment approach to bully yourself into doing the work. When I become too lazy to finish tasks ahead of me, I give some amount of money or a prized possession to my friend and ask her to give it back if I finish my tasks by so-so time. If I don’t, it automatically belongs to her! She is always more-than-willing to help out. And no, I don’t have money to throw away. It is just a way of disciplining and spurring myself into action.

You need to surround yourself with the doers, especially those with boundless energy. Trust me, their energy is highly contagious and can do wonders for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment